Embrace the Sweetness of Autumns Flavors
Autumn has arrived, the air is crisp, the leaves are ablaze with vibrant hues, and the aroma of warm spices fills the air. As the seasons change, so do our cravings for comforting and soul-soothing flavors.
Imagine the tangy sweetness of cranberries dancing harmoniously with the crisp and juicy notes of apples. This tea is a symphony of flavors, perfectly balanced to create a sensory experience that is both indulgent and refreshing. Read on for three ways to savor the flavors of fall with this Cranberry Apple Tart Tea.
First, the perfect cup of autumnal delight:
1. Boil fresh, filtered water and allow it to cool slightly. The ideal temperature for steeping this tea is 195°F (90°C).
2. Measure one teaspoon of Cranberry Apple Tart Tea per cup of water and place it in a tea infuser or strainer.
3. Pour the hot water over the tea leaves and let them steep for 5 minutes or longer. This allows the flavors to fully develop and infuse the water with their essence.
4. As you wait for the tea to steep, close your eyes and inhale deeply. Let the aroma of cranberries and apples transport you to an autumnal paradise.
5. Once the tea has steeped to perfection, remove the infuser or strainer and pour the tea into your favorite teacup.
6. Finally, take a sip and allow the flavors to dance on your palate. Let the tartness of cranberries and the sweetness of apples envelop your senses, creating a symphony of taste that is both comforting and invigorating.
Pairing suggestions for the Cranberry Apple Tart Tea
Indulging in the Cranberry Apple Tart Tea is an experience best enjoyed with delectable treats that complement its flavors. Here are a few pairing suggestions to elevate your tea time:
- French Macarons: The delicate almond shells and luscious fillings of macarons perfectly balance the tartness of the tea, creating a harmonious symphony of flavors.
- Warm Apple Pie: The comforting aroma of freshly baked apple pie, with its buttery crust and spiced apple filling, pairs exquisitely with the Cranberry Apple Tart Tea, creating a match made in autumnal heaven.
- Cheese Platter: The creamy, nutty flavors of aged cheeses, such as Gruyère or Camembert, provide a delightful contrast to the tartness of the tea, creating a sophisticated and indulgent pairing.
Second, as a midweek or weekend mocktail:
Ingredients For The Raspberry Spritz
- 1.5 teaspoons Cranberry Apple Tart
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup thawed frozen raspberries
- 1 can of your favorite sparkling water
- Optional: 1 tsp honey, mint or basil
How To Make The Raspberry Spritz
- Add your Cranberry Apple Tart tea to your strainer and top with hot water. Add your optional honey here and stir well. Brew for 10 minutes.
- Add your raspberries to a small bowl and muddle.
- Assemble! Grab your favorite cocktail glass and add your muddled raspberries, mint or basil (if using). Next, add a handful of ice and pour over your brewed tea. Top with sparkling water and enjoy!
Third, as a sweet treat for the family:
Tea-Infused Apple Crumble Recipe
For the apple filling, you will need:
- 6 medium organic honeycrisp apples (high in fiber and low in calories)
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup (contains antioxidents, vitamins & minerals)
- 3 tablespoons freshly brewed strong Cranberry Apple Tart tea
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon (boosts circulations & supports blood sugar balance)
For the crumble, you will need:
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (I always use "good" salt - Himalayan pink salt, or Celtic sea salt is the best)
- 1/4 cup melted virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
Preheat your oven to 350F.
Brew a strong cup of Cranberry Apple Tart by steeping four teaspoons of the tea in one cup of hot water for five minutes. Strain, and set aside.
Peel, core, and dice the apples, and place into a large mixing bowl. Mix in the tea, cinnamon, and maple syrup, and stir well. Pour apples into an 8x8 baking pan that's been greased with coconut oil, or you can pour the apples into individual greased pie molds.
In a clean mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, pecans, cinnamon, salt, maple syrup, and melted coconut oil. Pour the crumble mixture over the apples, and bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven, cover loosely with foil, and bake for another 20 minutes.
**Recipes Courtesy of Loose Leaf Tea Market
As the leaves fall and the temperature drops, embrace the enchanting flavors of fall. Let each sip and bite transport you to a world of refined indulgence, where the artistry of flavors and the elegance of autumn unite.